nyx butter glosses + lipstick = love




I can't say I have always been the most daring with my lip colors, but I have always appreciated a good statement lip. I discovered a couple of new favorite lip combinations - SPECIFICALLY with my treasured NYX butter glosses. Oh boy are they wonderful. They're so wearable and incredibly NOT sticky. Not to mention how great the color payoff is on my already very pigmented lips. I paired my favorite butter glosses with some of my lipsticks that happened to fall to the wayside because I thought they weren't wearable, but that was of course before I did my late night experimenting. I threw those magical glosses on top - et voila! Now I have some new go to combos!



1 // Kiss Me Coral by Revlon + Cherry Cheesecake by NYX: This combo is by far my favorite of the three. I love orange lips and I think they’re the most flattering on my complexion. This particular Revlon lipstick is a creme formula and it’s part of their super lustrous line so it’s super creamy, just how I like ‘em. I have extremely dry lips, so I almost always go for creamy/moisturizing formulas as opposed to matte/dry formulas - but don’t get me wrong, I love a nice beautiful matte lip every now and then. I just have to prepare my lips like there’s no tomorrow!

This orangey lipstick on it’s own is pretty, but to me it wasn’t vibrant enough and it was just missing that little extra something something if you know what I mean. I put Cherry Cheesecake on top and suddenly it all came together! Something about the butter glosses just makes a lip look a bit more cohesive and solid. I’m planning on pairing this new find with really glowy cheeks and eyes for the fall, can’t wait!

2 // Break Away by Bare Escentuals + Sugar Cookie by NYX: Unlike the first lipstick, this neutral pinky color by Bare Escentuals is gorgeous on it’s own! I remember when I first put this on in the store and I was immediately sold because I had finally found an everyday lipstick that I thought was wearable for me. BUT with Sugar Cookie gloss on top - BAH BAM, in love! It just gives it that extra subtle boost that it needs. My dry lips are ever so thankful for this combo, we’ve got a winner for the winter months here!

3 // Rebel by MAC Cosmetics + Raspberry Tart by NYX: Last but not least this dark, plummy, beauty. Something that I’m not used to wearing, but I’m trying to dip outside of my comfort-zone. Rebel on it’s own is a little iffy on me. I found it to be patchy and it fell into the creases of my lips and I can’t stand that (but who can?)! I was determined to make it work because I had already envisioned myself wearing it with a very clean makeup look, neutral eyes and cheeks, lots of mascara and that gorgeous vampy lip while strutting through tree-lined streets in the fall. Once I got Raspberry Tart on there it was like magic! It smoothed out those creepy patches and gave it a little bit of shine which in turn made my lips look that much more moisturized. Now, that’s what I’m talking about, my autumn makeup dreams are coming true!

What lip combos are you loving right now? Do you have any lip glosses that magically make any lip work for you? Leave a comment below, I'm always looking for new products to drool over and I'll never pass up a conversation about makeup!

-m

1 comment:

  1. I love the design, your writing and the content so far! Keep up the good work! xo

    ReplyDelete