vector girl



I DIGITIZED MY LETTERING FOR THE FIRST TIME! I apologize for the CAPS, but it's just that exciting to me! I've been taking all of the Skillshare classes and watching all of the YouTube videos on Illustrator, Photoshop, and even after effects. I just really love learning new software and expanding my knowledge and really the internet is so limitless, the entire world is at your fingertips! 

Anyway, I digress... kinda- LETTERING! I used a quote that I got from a sermon I was watching online and decided that I would sketch it out and give digitizing a try. A billion iterations later I had my design and I was finally able to scan it in and get to work. Illustrator wasn't too bad but it was definitely made easier by Molly Suber Thrope's Skillshare Class. Within a couple of hours I had this little piece. NOW- it's not perfect by any means, and as I look at it now I can find a zillion things I would change if I were to do it over again. But I guess that's the beauty of starting new at something. You do really awful work and as you progress you get better and hopefully are able to look back on your earlier work and have a good laugh.

I highly recommend you check out Molly's class and all of the other amazing classes on Skillshare. You can learn anything from photography, to interior design, to pickling! I have a premium membership but you can sign up for a free trial just to check it out. Have at it!

-m.

No comments:

Post a Comment